National Sport Academy student athletes have been pursuing excellence in the program since 1995. We are very proud of the accomplishments and highlights of so many of the National Sport Academy Alumni who excel both on and off the ice.
In the past 22 years, over 40% of National Sport Academy student athletes have received academic and athletic scholarships to the following post-secondary institutions: Boston College, Boston University, Bowdoin College, Brown University, Colgate University, College of the Holy Cross, Concordia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, Lake Forest College, Middlebury College, Minnesota State University at Mankato, Mount Royal College, Princeton University, Queens University, Red Deer College, Rensselaer Polytechnic Inst. (RPI), Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), Royal Military College, St. Mary's University, St. Michael's College, SAIT, Southern New Hampshire University, Trinity University, University of Alaska - Fairbanks, University of Alberta, University of British Columbia, University of Calgary, University of Denver, University of Lethbridge, University of Michigan, University of Minnesota at Duluth, University of Maine, University of Miami, University of New Hampshire, University of Notre Dame, University of St. Michaels, University of Saskatchewan, University of Toronto. University of Western Ontario, Wilfrid Laurier University.
Hockey alumni highlights include:
- Canadian Representative - World Youth Leadership Conference
- 2003 NHL Draft - Anaheim Mighty Ducks
- 2004 NHL Draft - Pittsburgh Penguins
- Players signed to an NHL contract
- Players in the Western Hockey League with: Kootenay Ice, Medicine Hat Tigers, Prince George Cougars, Calgary Hitmen, Moose Jaw Warriors, Lethbridge Hurricanes, Seattle Thunderbirds Kelowna Rockets, Spokane Chiefs.
- Players in Junior A working on scholarships: Calgary Royals, Calgary Canucks, Olds Grizzlies, Canmore Eagles, Drumheller Dragons, Fort Saskatchewan Traders, Okotoks Oilers, Camrose Kodiaks, Spruce Grove Saints, Lloydminster Blazers, Yorkton Terriers, Kindersely Klippers, Ft. McMurray Oil Barons, Nanaimo Klippers, Prince George Spruce Kings, Chilliwack Chiefs, Penticton Panthers, Flin Flon Bombers, Trail Smoke Eaters, Drayton Valley Thunder, Fernie Ghost Riders, Langley Hornets. Nepean Raiders, Grand Prairie Wolves, Canmore Eagles.
- Players in the National Women's Professional Hockey League.
- Players playing professional hockey in EuropePlayers winning the Air Canada Cup National Midget AAA Championship
- Players winning the Royal Bank Cup National Junior A Championship
- Players winning the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I Hockey Championship
- Over 100 Captains and Assistant Captains of AA, AAA and Junior Teams across Western Canada
- Numerous players selected as Top Prospects or All-Stars in the Alberta Junior Hockey League, Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League and British Columbia Junior Hockey Leagues.
- Numerous scholarships and leadership awards within the Minor Hockey Association of Calgary Quadrants (AA - AAA) each year
- Numerous Under 16, Under 17, and Under 18 male and female players selected to the Hockey Alberta High Performance Programs
- Numerous Western Hockey League draft picks
- High School Valedictorians and numerous High School Academic award winners at Central Memorial High School
- Nationally ranked athletes in other sports, including multi-sport athletes who have received Athletic Scholarships
- In the past, 14 females were selected to represent Team Alberta in the Under 18 Program of Excellence and Canada Winter Games
- Women at Centre Ice Scholarship winners
- Player chosen to represent Canada at the International Ice Hockey Federation Development Camp (1 of 4 individuals)
- Most Valuable Player and Top Goaltending awards in the Province of Alberta for Bantam AA, Bantam AAA, Midget AA and Midget AAA levels
- Graduates now coaching at the NSA and AA/AAA level in Calgary
Lacrosse Alumni Highlights:
- Played on Midget A teams: Hornets, Sabrecats, Axemen
- Played on Junior A teams: Raiders and Mountaineers
- Competed for Minto Cup and Founders Cup
- Team Canada, U19
- Attending Division I Schools: Robert Morris University, Presbyterian College, Belermine University, Niagra University
- Attending Division II Schools: NYIT
- Attending Division III Schools: New England College, Le Roche College
- Attending Canadian Universities: University of Lethbridge, University of Western Ontario
Baseball Alumni Highlights:
Soccer Alumni Highlights:
- Identified for the Soccer National Training Centre
- National championships
- Played for Provincial Selects teams
- Attended Canadian Universities: Trinity Western University, University of Regina,
- Attended American Colleges and Universities: Eastern Kentucky, University of Eastern Michigan
- Played professionally: England, Spain and Germany
FlexSport Alumni Highlights:
- Canadian Colleges and Universities: Universtiy of Calgary, Mount Royal University,
Golf Alumni Highlights:
- Canadian Universities and Colleges: University of Victoria, Grant MacEwan,
- American Colleges and Universities: Johnson and Wales, Southwestern Oklahoma State, Bishop's University,